Preprints
https://doi.org/10.5194/nhess-2016-327
https://doi.org/10.5194/nhess-2016-327

  18 Oct 2016

18 Oct 2016

Status: this preprint has been retracted.

Landslide susceptibility assessment of the part of the North Anatolian Fault Zone (Turkey) by GIS-based frequency ratio and index of entropy models

Gökhan Demir Gökhan Demir
  • Department of Civil Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Ondokuz Mayıs University, Samsun, Turkey

Abstract. Abstract: In the present study, landslide susceptibility assessment for the the part of the North Anatolian Fault Zone is made using index of entropy models within geographical information system. At first, the landslide inventory map was prepared in the study area using earlier reports, aerial photographs and multiple field surveys. 63 cases (69 %) out of 91 detected landslides were randomly selected for modeling, and the remaining 28 (31 %) cases were used for the model validation. The landslide-trigerring factors, including slope degree, aspect, elevation, distance to faults, distance to streams, distance to road. Subsequently, landslide susceptibility maps were produced using frequency ratio and index of entropy models. For verification, the receiver operating characteristic (ROC) curves were drawn and the areas under the curve (AUC) calculated. The verification results showed that frequency ratio model (AUC = 75.71 %) performed slightly better than index of entropy (AUC = 75.43 %) model. The interpretation of the susceptibility map indicated that distance to streams, distance to road and slope degree play major roles in landslide occurrence and distribution in the study area. The landslide susceptibility maps produced from this study could assist planners and engineers for reorganizing and planning of future road construction.

This preprint has been retracted.

Gökhan Demir

Interactive discussion

Status: closed
Status: closed
AC: Author comment | RC: Referee comment | SC: Short comment | EC: Editor comment
Printer-friendly Version - Printer-friendly version Supplement - Supplement

Interactive discussion

Status: closed
Status: closed
AC: Author comment | RC: Referee comment | SC: Short comment | EC: Editor comment
Printer-friendly Version - Printer-friendly version Supplement - Supplement

Gökhan Demir

Gökhan Demir

Viewed

Total article views: 948 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)
HTML PDF XML Total BibTeX EndNote
620 293 35 948 31 50
  • HTML: 620
  • PDF: 293
  • XML: 35
  • Total: 948
  • BibTeX: 31
  • EndNote: 50
Views and downloads (calculated since 18 Oct 2016)
Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 18 Oct 2016)

Viewed (geographical distribution)

Total article views: 899 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 897 with geography defined and 2 with unknown origin.
Country # Views %
  • 1
1
 
 
 
 

Cited

Latest update: 16 Jun 2021
Download

This preprint has been retracted.

Altmetrics