Articles | Volume 19, issue 8
© Author(s) 2019. This work is distributed underthe Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
The impact of lightning and radar reflectivity factor data assimilation on the very short-term rainfall forecasts of RAMS@ISAC: application to two case studies in Italy
Total article views: 3,058 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 23 Nov 2018)Views and downloads (calculated since 23 Nov 2018)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 3,058 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,547 with geography defined and 511 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 2,027 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,711 with geography defined and 316 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,031 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 836 with geography defined and 195 with unknown origin.
18 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Assimilation of Radar and Cloud-to-Ground Lightning Data Using WRF-3DVar Combined with the Physical Initialization Method—A Case Study of a Mesoscale Convective System R. Gan et al. 10.1007/s13351-021-0092-4
- Overview towards improved understanding of the mechanisms leading to heavy precipitation in the western Mediterranean: lessons learned from HyMeX S. Khodayar et al. 10.5194/acp-21-17051-2021
- Application of Lightning Data Assimilation for the 10 October 2018 Case Study over Sardinia R. Torcasio et al. 10.3390/atmos11050541
- Assimilating X- and S-Band Radar Data for a Heavy Precipitation Event in Italy V. Capecchi et al. 10.3390/w13131727
- An improvement of convective precipitation nowcasting through lightning data dynamic nudging in a cloud-resolving scale forecasting system H. Wang et al. 10.1016/j.atmosres.2020.104994
- Investigating 3D and 4D variational rapid-update-cycling assimilation of weather radar reflectivity for a heavy rain event in central Italy V. Mazzarella et al. 10.5194/nhess-21-2849-2021
- The impact of GPS and high-resolution radiosonde nudging on the simulation of heavy precipitation during HyMeX IOP6 A. Caldas-Alvarez et al. 10.5194/wcd-2-561-2021
- Characterizing Consecutive Flooding Events after the 2017 Mt. Salto Wildfires (Southern Italy): Hazard and Emergency Management Implications G. Esposito et al. 10.3390/w11122663
- Assimilation of the Maximum Vertical Velocity Converted From Total Lightning Data Through the EnSRF Method R. Gan et al. 10.1029/2020JD034300
- Impacts of the radar data assimilation frequency and large-scale constraint on the short-term precipitation forecast of a severe convection case E. Lin et al. 10.1016/j.atmosres.2021.105590
- Case Study of a Retrieval Method of 3D Proxy Reflectivity from FY-4A Lightning Data and Its Impact on the Assimilation and Forecasting for Severe Rainfall Storms Y. Chen et al. 10.3390/rs12071165
- Lightning data assimilation in the WRF-ARW model for short-term rainfall forecasts of three severe storm cases in Italy A. Comellas Prat et al. 10.1016/j.atmosres.2020.105246
- Multiple tornadoes in the Italian Ionian regions: Observations, sensitivity tests and mesoscale analysis of convective storm environmental parameters E. Avolio & M. Miglietta 10.1016/j.atmosres.2021.105800
- A Scheme to Suppress Spurious Convection by Assimilating the "Zero" Column Maximum Vertical Velocity R. Gan et al. 10.1029/2021JD035536
- Potential use of the GLM for nowcasting and data assimilation E. Vendrasco et al. 10.1016/j.atmosres.2020.105019
- Impact of Radar Reflectivity and Lightning Data Assimilation on the Rainfall Forecast and Predictability of a Summer Convective Thunderstorm in Southern Italy S. Federico et al. 10.3390/atmos12080958
- The impact of lightning and radar reflectivity factor data assimilation on the very short-term rainfall forecasts of RAMS@ISAC: application to two case studies in Italy S. Federico et al. 10.5194/nhess-19-1839-2019
- The Precipitation Structure of the Mediterranean Tropical-Like Cyclone Numa: Analysis of GPM Observations and Numerical Weather Prediction Model Simulations A. Marra et al. 10.3390/rs11141690
Latest update: 09 Jun 2023