Spatiotemporal variability of lightning activity in Europe and the relation to the North Atlantic Oscillation teleconnection pattern
David Piper and Michael Kunz
Total article views: 2,378 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 26 Jan 2017)Views and downloads (calculated since 26 Jan 2017)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 2,280 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,261 with geography defined and 19 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,707 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,691 with geography defined and 16 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 573 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 570 with geography defined and 3 with unknown origin.
15 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Relationship between atmospheric blocking and warm‐season thunderstorms over western and central Europe S. Mohr et al. 10.1002/qj.3603
- Radar-based assessment of hail frequency in Europe E. Fluck et al. 10.5194/nhess-21-683-2021
- Investigation of the temporal variability of thunderstorms in central and western Europe and the relation to large‐scale flow and teleconnection patterns D. Piper et al. 10.1002/qj.3647
- Ambient conditions prevailing during hail events in central Europe M. Kunz et al. 10.5194/nhess-20-1867-2020
- The role of large-scale dynamics in an exceptional sequence of severe thunderstorms in Europe May–June 2018 S. Mohr et al. 10.5194/wcd-1-325-2020
- Understanding Hail in the Earth System J. Allen et al. 10.1029/2019RG000665
- Observed extreme precipitation trends and scaling in Central Europe J. Zeder & E. Fischer 10.1016/j.wace.2020.100266
- Exploring relationships between weather patterns and observed lightning activity for Britain and Ireland J. Wilkinson & R. Neal 10.1002/qj.4099
- A 15‐year hail streak climatology for the Alpine region L. Nisi et al. 10.1002/qj.3286
- Lightning activity over anthropogenic and natural landscapes T. Ershova & H. Punge 10.1088/1757-899X/698/4/044031
- Hailstorms in the Alpine region: Diurnal cycle, 4D ‐characteristics, and the nowcasting potential of lightning properties L. Nisi et al. 10.1002/qj.3897
- Review article: A comprehensive review of datasets and methodologies employed to produce thunderstorm climatologies L. Hayward et al. 10.5194/nhess-20-2463-2020
- Changes in the simulation of atmospheric instability over the Iberian Peninsula due to the use of 3DVAR data assimilation S. González-Rojí et al. 10.5194/hess-25-3471-2021
- Probabilistic Forecasting of Thunderstorms in the Eastern Alps T. Simon et al. 10.1175/MWR-D-17-0366.1
- Statistical characteristics of convective wind gusts in Germany S. Mohr et al. 10.5194/nhess-17-957-2017
Latest update: 01 Aug 2021